Re: [Savannah-hackers] XXX.gnu.org

From: Brian J. Fox
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] XXX.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 07:57:10 -0700

   Delivery-date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 00:53:28 -0700
   Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 08:50:38 +0100
   From: "Jaime E. Villate" <address@hidden>

   On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 05:53:16PM -0500, Richard Stallman wrote:
   > A year ago we had the idea that each GNU package could have
   > its own host name, XXX.gnu.org.
   >
   > 2. Is there any difficulty in implementing this?

   Once you access htpp://www.gnu.org/software/XXX via
   http://XXX.gnu.org, that link would try to take you to
   http://XXX.gnu.org/philosophy/...  (which stands for
   htpp://www.gnu.org/software/XXX/philosophy/...) which does not
   exist. We have to figure out some way to solve that problem, and
   propose a new Website policy for hyperlinks, before we create
   virtual domains XXX.gnu.org

The xxx.gnu.org sites should be built from scratch (of course, this
initial process could be automated from the existing pages at
www.gnu.org/software/xxx -- it is an almost trivial process).

The new pages should refer by absolute URL to www.gnu.org/philospohy,
not by relative URL.  In fact, the only URLs that should be relative
in that site should be the ones within that site.

Brian
--
More people use Apache than Word, and it does them more good.
  Kragen Sitaker, Mon, 04 Nov 2002 21:32:18 -0800