[Savannah-hackers] Re: XXX.gnu.org

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: XXX.gnu.org
Date: 07 Apr 2003 20:00:49 +0200

"Brian J. Fox" <address@hidden> said:

>    From: Mathieu Roy <address@hidden>
>    Date: 07 Apr 2003 17:10:23 +0200
>
>    Indeed, it's important to permit people to manage their website, but
>    this is not related to the subdomain issue.
>
> I agree -- sorry to be OT.
>
>    (The idea is to add
>          http://XXX.gnu.org -> http://www.gnu.org/software/XXX)
>
> Multiple URLs to get to the same page can only result in a management
> nightmare and unresolvable links.  People don't actually really need
> to do this, so just make one of them work, (I vote for xxx.gnu.org)
> and the other one fail (perhaps with a generic message).

I wrote that to give an idea, but I do not think that symlinks would
do the job either.

If it's symlinks, it does not change anything. If it's about settings
redirections everywhere, it will be a nightmare.

But I do not think that removing links that works for years would be
wise, and it does not solve the mirroring issue.

--
Mathieu Roy