[Savannah-hackers] Invalid URL in registration response

From: pcg
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Invalid URL in registration response
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 21:42:18 +0200

On Wed, May 07, 2003 at 09:19:38PM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

Just a note (I noticed that quite some time ago, but obviously it isn't
fixed yet):

> You can use the following url to do a new registration starting

This is what I received twice, but there was no working url, only this:

> ----RERegistration-URL-BEGIN-----
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/register/basicinfo.php?re_purpose=fcrackzip is a
> very simple zip cracking program.

However, the url thta is actually following
("http://savannah.nongnu.org/register/basicinfo.php?re_purpose=fcrackzip";)
obviously doesn't work. I assume that the rest of the lines should also be
part of the URL (it's formatted similar to a URL), but of course it isn't
a URL at all...

If pasting the whole thing actually works with some browser(s), better
specify the browsers with which that is supposed to work.

That is, telling users something like: "pasting the following as a URL
into mozilla" (as an example) would at least give a clue that it's not
really supposed to work with normal browsers.

(Better, of course, would be to just fix the mail to actually include a
real url instead of relying on savannah-specific url-extensions)

HTH,

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /       address@hidden      |e|