[Savannah-hackers] Re: Emacs mailing lists

From: Richard Stallman
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 08:22:01 -0400

    It worked for me. Did you enter the correct "List Administrative
    Password" for each list (I used an admin password that works for any
    lists)?

I did not know these lists had an "list administrative password";
if they do, I have no idea what it is.  How would I know?

What if I want to enter a list that is implemented as an alias?  Such
a list would certainly not have any administrative password, right?

Anyway, why does Savannah need to know those details about the list,
merely to mention it on the page?  I guess there is something I don't
understand here.  Anyway, the page that asks for this is not clear.
It asks for the "list administrative password" as if that were a
simple request, but it is not really so simple.