[Savannah-hackers] Re: Emacs mailing lists

From: Mathieu Roy
Date: 19 May 2003 17:24:41 +0200

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> said:

>     Attaching the list to Savannah does not only meaning mentionning the
>     list on the Savannah project page but being able to modify it's
>     description, to set it as private (or public), to delete it.
>
> That is not what I wanted to do.  I just wanted these mailing lists to
> be mentioned in the list of mailing lists for Emacs.  How do I do
> that?

If you are speaking of the list of mailing lists for Emacs on
Savannah, it is attaching the list to Savannah.

> I hope that whatever you did to "attach" these mailing lists did not
> cause any sort of confusion.  I don't know, because this area is
> outside my experience.  Will management of the lists thru Mailman at
> gnu.org still work normally?

Yes. It does not change management of the list thru Mailman at
all.

It permit to modify some settings directly but it does not prevent
settings from being changed via the usual Mailman Administrative
interface.

> Meanwhile, this misunderstanding proves that the words "Attach
> mailing list" are not clear enough.  Would someone please add an
> explanation saying what that command actually means, what it
> actually does?

We'll add it on the page used to attached mailing-list.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage:
    http://yeupou.coleumes.org