[Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Speech status: web pages follow-up

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GNU Speech status: web pages follow-up
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 04:04:30 -0400

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 05:38:41PM -0700, David R. Hill wrote:
> Dear Gentlepeople,
>
> Thank you for your willingness to move things along quickly.
> Unfortunately, only two things seem to have changed as a result of Rudy's
> approval is that (1) I now have *two* projects: "Articulatory Speech
> Synthesis" and "(Name already assigned)" both of which tie into
> "gnuspeech" as the short name.  The paragraph that I entered describing
> the new project has disappeared, and both projects have the original
> description for the "Articulatory Speech Synthesis" project; and (2) the
> entire 50 megs of software for the project CVS repository seem to have
> disappeared.  At least, I get null responses when I try any kind of CVS
> access, which was not true before.

I'll summarize the situation, so you can correct me if I'm wrong:
- you registered your project some time ago
- someone set it to private
- you registered your project again under a different name
- I approved your project:
     * I couldn't find any project "gnuspeech"
     * I did find the sources
     * I assumed that somebody just uploaded the sources
     * I approved your project and set the location of the files to be
placed in /cvsroot/gnuspeech/.  Where the original sources are.
- Yesterday the sources were public.

Because your original project has been set to private I couldn't find
it through the search on the website.  I didn't think about private
projects. Sorry about that.

Do not worry, your sources are still on savannah!  Your project was
available yesterday because when a project gets "made" the permissions
are set ok.  But because the first project was set to private I must
have changed (cronjob I think).

Matthieu, Jaime or Loic: what is the easiest way to fix this?
I would suggest to remove the newest project and to update the
permissions of the first registered project.

David: it would have been easier that you knew your project was set to
private, and asked us to update the permissions :)

Rudy

Web page                    http:/www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org