[Savannah-hackers] submission of The KnowledgeBase - savannah.nongnu.org

From: alan_grow
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The KnowledgeBase - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 20:42:24 -0400

Alan Grow <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: The KnowledgeBase
System name: kb
Type: non-GNU

KB is a web KnowledgeBase written in Perl and XSL. Unlike some of the KM
monsters out there it's just a simple way of sharing and categorically
organizing knowledge. I use it to do organized brain dumps and then publish
them. It has been tested with Apache2 under FreeBSD and IIS 5 under Win2k but
it has a high degree of platform independence nonetheless, and includes a
command-line interface to all the functionality. At the moment it uses the
Firebird RDBMS on the backend but I wish to eliminate database dependence in
the future. It can use a variety of different external XSLT processors
including xsltproc, Xalan, or msxslt to finish the pages into html. In the
source tarball are perl scripts, perl modules, XSLT stylesheets, SQL script
files, CSS files, and a few htmls, all of which I have placed GPL headers on.
Thanks for looking over this submission.

http://csce.unl.edu/~agrow/packages/KB/KB-1-1-3.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
* Firebird RDBMS
* xsltproc or Xalan or msxslt
* Apache2 or IIS 5.0
* Lots of CPAN modules

One of my first tasks when I get the project up is to fully identify all CPAN
modules that the KB depends on. For your purposes I hope you don't need the
exact module list, since most Perl modules are Artistic or GPL licensed.

Other Comments:

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.nongnu.org/