[Savannah-hackers] submission of Global anime series leech - savannah.n

From: bboett
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Global anime series leech - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 04:33:00 -0400

Bruno Boettcher <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License:
Package: Global anime series leech
System name: goanseech
Type: non-GNU

Hello,
sorry to set up only insignifiant toys :D but this one might interest some
people...

you might find the actual devel snapshot under
http://bboett.dyndns.org/~bboett/goanseech.tgz , beware it unpacks under the
directory test, and there is still some crap inside (remains of tests) and
needed libs.

The only files that will be included are the ones with a proper header at the
beginning, and hte stuff under the POE directory

The idea is to manage the retrieval of (anime-)series. Means go through
different sites (e.g. websites) and extract all references that match a basic
pattern and have a series number enclosed within preselected ranges.

The whole system revolves around a server that manages informations about
series: the basic pattern matching them, the smallest series number we want to
retrieve and the series number of the last episode (automatic removal of a
series once that number is reached)

The server runs using POE and SSL techs (the *Tcp and Ssl* are modified files
from the standard POE distribution to support SSL, they will be eventually part
of the POE distribution and were written by the POE author, perl licence...)

communicating with that server i have :
- a curses shell (using the included and not mine, but patched by me
Term::Visual lib, my pathces will appear in the next release of that lib)
- a gtk shell
- a script that parses web pages, extract torrent links and prepares them into
a batch (until someone writes a perl-bittorrent client or connection lib)
- a script that watches over some directories and updates the series server if
new stuff appears there.

the stuff, even if i use it now daily is still rated alpha, especially since i
have to do a bit of clean up and externalize the configuration of the stuff.
Nevertheless i reached a stage, where an access to a cvs server becomes
crucial....

thanks to consider another of my not very serious projects!

Other Software Required:
Data
Carp
POE