Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Stratagus - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Ingo Ruhnke
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Stratagus - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 2003 11:07:35 +0200

Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden> writes:

> Licensing under the "GNU GPL v2 only" is problematic. Would you
> please agree to license under the "GNU GPL v2 or later"?
>
> The reason for this is that when we publish GPL v3, it will be
> important for all GPL-covered programs to advance to GPL v3. If you
> don't put this in the files now, the only way to port your program
> to GPL v3 would be to ask each and every copyright holder, and that
> may be very difficult.

The problem is that I am only taking over this project from the former
maintainers I don't own the copyright on the source myself. I agree
that GPLv2-only is problematic, but since I am not the copyright owner
I can't simply change it to GPLv2-or-later.

Games:    http://pingus.seul.org/~grumbel/gamedesigns/
JabberID: address@hidden
ICQ:      59461927