Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.or

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 30 Jul 2003 21:09:22 +0100

Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden> writes:

> > Nic Ferrier <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> > License: gpl
> > Other License:
> > Package: guile-libxml2
> > System name: guilelibxml2
> > Type: non-GNU

> > guile-libxml2 binds the libxml2 C library to guile.
> >
> > The libxsl library is also bound.
>
> Please resubmit your project with a detailed technical
> description that specifies such requirements as programming languages
> and external libraries.  It should not exceed one-half a page.
>
> Please register your project again and include an (temporary) URL
> pointing to the source code.  The description you gave when
> registering will not be read by the general public. If you are still
> concerned with privacy, however, you can forward the code to me by
> email.

There should be enough info in the submission to allow you to pass
this through.

As a GNU admin you should know that Guile is GNU's official extension
implementation of Scheme and that libxml2 is Gnome's official XML
library.

> We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
> catch potential legal issues early.
>
> For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
> include a copyright notice and statement permitting copying at the
> beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
> http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
> catch potential omissions such as these.

Do you need to review the code for freedom issues when the mail
address is a gnu.org one?

Do I *have* to submit this again?

Regards

Nic