Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Rudy Gevaert
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 15:45:07 -0400

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 09:09:22PM +0100, Nic wrote:
> > > guile-libxml2 binds the libxml2 C library to guile.
> > >
> > > The libxsl library is also bound.
> >
> > Please resubmit your project with a detailed technical
> > description that specifies such requirements as programming languages
> > and external libraries.  It should not exceed one-half a page.
> >
> > Please register your project again and include an (temporary) URL
> > pointing to the source code.  The description you gave when
> > registering will not be read by the general public. If you are still
> > concerned with privacy, however, you can forward the code to me by
> > email.
>
> There should be enough info in the submission to allow you to pass
> this through.

After rereading it, you could say that.

> As a GNU admin you should know that Guile is GNU's official extension
> implementation of Scheme and that libxml2 is Gnome's official XML
> library.

I do not think it is a obligatory to know all the GNU projects.

> > We wish to review your source code, even if it is not functional, to
> > catch potential legal issues early.
> >
> > For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
> > include a copyright notice and statement permitting copying at the
> > beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
> > http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
> > catch potential omissions such as these.
>
> Do you need to review the code for freedom issues when the mail
> address is a gnu.org one?

I do not look at the e-mail addresses.  I treat every submission
equally.

> Do I *have* to submit this again?

Yes...

Don't take it personally but I have spend nearly 1 to 2 hours a day
working on submitted projects and on responding to bug and support
requests.   This next to my vacation job and knowing that I am the
only admin for the moment that is able to spend time on savannah.

Rudy

Web page                    http://www.webworm.org
GNU/Linux for schools       http://www.nongnu.org/glms
Savannah hacker             http://savannah.gnu.org