Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org

From: Nic
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of guile-libxml2 - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: 31 Jul 2003 21:23:21 +0100

Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden> writes:

> > As a GNU admin you should know that Guile is GNU's official extension
> > implementation of Scheme and that libxml2 is Gnome's official XML
> > library.
>
> I do not think it is a obligatory to know all the GNU projects.

Ok... but if you're presented with something like my submission don't
you use the free directory to check?

> > Do I *have* to submit this again?
>
> Yes...
>
> Don't take it personally but I have spend nearly 1 to 2 hours a day
> working on submitted projects and on responding to bug and support
> requests.   This next to my vacation job and knowing that I am the
> only admin for the moment that is able to spend time on savannah.

I understand this point. But I can't really accept it. If the
savannah-hackers are swamped why hasn't the issue been escalated to
FSF management?

You could at least have mailed savannah-hackers with a very obvious
message, maybe:
   WE ARE SWAMPED, WE NEED VOLUNTEERS

I don't have a lot of time. But if you're swamped with work I could
help. I have an account on subversions and access to root (at least I
did have some time ago) so the only thing you'd have to set me up on
is the savannah tools themselves.

I'm sure there are other people lurking on the savannah-hackers
mailing list who would be willing to do a short amount of time.

In the mean time I'll submit the damn project again.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk