Re: [Savannah-hackers] export restrictions

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] export restrictions
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:31:03 +0200 (MEST)

En réponse à Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden>:

> Can someone give an answer to this?
>
> On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 09:01:22PM -0400, Walter Landry wrote:
> > Rudy Gevaert <address@hidden> wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
> >
> > I just had another thought.  I expect that in the near future, I will
> > be incorporating cryptographic routines into ArX.  Export
> restrictions
> > can make life quite complicated.  Is that going to be a problem for
> > Savannah?  I can do the original bxa notification which should make
> > everything ok, but I don't know what Savannah policy is about crypto.

I think that the software should work with and without crypto.
Users with the sources should be able to, when compiling the software, activate
it or not. Along with the sources, if you provide binaries, you should provide
binaries of both versions (with and without crypto).

The users will be able to, at their option, according to their country's laws,
use the appropriate version of your software.

I added Richard in Cc:, if my proposal is uncorrect, he will tell us and
probably ask to a well-aware person.

--
Mathieu Roy

   -- I\'m right now on vacation and I\'m forced to use an unfriendly tool to
   get/send mail. If you expect a reply from me very soon, add \"urgent\" in
   the subject field --