Re: [Savannah-hackers] export restrictions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] export restrictions
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 20:36:00 -0400

    > I think it is still desirable for crypto software to be
    > developed and published outside the US.

    This is not so helpful for those of us in the US.  To solve the
    situation, when I put crypto into the project, I will stop
    distributing tar balls through savannah.

The issue is not limited to tar balls.  If a program includes crypto,
it is better for it to be developed entirely by people outside the US,
and distributed in ALL ways from sites outside the US (including the
CVS repository).

If you live in the US, it is better if you work on something else
and leave the crypto to others.