[Savannah-hackers] your upload

From: Nic
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] your upload
Date: 22 Aug 2003 00:00:39 +0100

[I'm copy this to savannah-hackers to keep them in the loop.]

I'm sorry this is problematic. Your mailer seems to be screwing with
the MIME types.

This is the MIME composition of your message:

(
 (("text" "plain" NIL NIL NIL "quoted-printable" 463 19 NIL NIL NIL)
  ("text" "plain" ("name" "PerlPanel-cvs-snapshot-2003-08-13.tar.gz.asc"
"charset" "iso-8859-1") NIL NIL "base64" 106336 1364 NIL ("attachment"
("filename" "PerlPanel-cvs-snapshot-2003-08-13.tar.gz.asc")) NIL)
  "mixed" ("boundary" "=-Gfi0VXeiiMJEkUqNxZB1")  NIL NIL)
 ("application" "pgp-signature" ("name" "signature.asc") NIL "This is a
digitally signed message part" "8bit" 196 NIL NIL NIL)
 "signed"
 ("micalg" "pgp-sha1" "protocol" "application/pgp-signature" "boundary"
"=-+hf9qXx40W8byLxarfZ+")
 NIL NIL)

As you can see it's stupidly over-complicated, the 2nd part (starting
with the "pgp-signature" part) shouldn't even be there. I think
Evolution is broken.

I've base64 decoded part 1.1 (the tar file) and it verifys to your
savannah key. The trouble is that the tar file is now corrupt. I have
no idea why that is happening.

I'm affraid that I must have a verified file that works before I can
do an upload. I'm not suggesting you are trying to hack savannah, but
without verification I can't be sure that our conversation is not
subject to some kind of tampering. With everything that has happened
at GNU over the last few weeks I'm sure you understand that I can't
proceed without a properly verified file.

If you can still be bothered then you could send the file to me with
unix mail (or emacs). You can gaurantee that will not do anything
hairy to the message as Evolution seems to be doing.

Another alternative is for me to give you an account on one of my own
hosts so that you can secure copy the signed file to me. I can then
upload it to savannah, if you want to go down that route let me know
and I'll set you up an account.

--
Nic Ferrier
http://www.tapsellferrier.co.uk