Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah CVS update performance...

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Savannah CVS update performance...
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 00:29:25 +0100

Eric Blossom wrote:
Hi,

I'm the maintainer of GNU Radio.  It seems that over the last couple
of months or so that the cvs update performance of savannah has been
falling off.   I often see an 'cvs -nq up' run for a couple of
seconds, and then just hang.  Generally killing it and restarting
works, but something seems amiss.

If you can make CVS verbose in these situations and send me the log, we might find out the problem. It looks like the machine is overloaded, but anyway CVS should not belong that way in such a case.

Any ideas or comments?  Another GNU Radio developer sees the same
behavior.

There was a major bottleneck wich was solved by Loic Dachary this summer. Then since a week we have been experiencing troubles (server almost halting). Maybe you suffered from that.

I don't have enough information and in a sufficient long span to really draw conclusions. Besides that we need more probes and measure recordings. For instance now I don't know if we should care more about machine load or bandwidth. Comments from other 'old' Savannah hackers are warmly welcome...