[Savannah-hackers] Re: HowTo join Savannah support team

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: HowTo join Savannah support team
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 09:20:41 +0100

Fine - I had already done most of the 'HowTo' :)

Also, could anybody reply to these FAQs?
- Is there an estimate on when the projects approval process will be possible again? (previous estimate was end of January) - Do we know what the problem is with the FTP uploads? A lot of people seems to do it right, but do not have their files uploaded.

Hugo Gayosso writes :
Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:

> I am interested in any area where I can help Savannah to fully
recover.
> User support (mainly, the list of pending requests) is rightly what
> brought me to offer help.

[...]

Excellent!, thanks.

This is in no way a very good HOW-TO, it is only a reference.

* Join the savannah-hackers mailing list:

* Read the latest news on the Savannah main page, so you know what is
the status of all the issues:
https://savannah.gnu.org

* Read specially this news item:
https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2752

A lot of the most recent questions are answered there, so you will be
constantly directing users to that item.

* Canned response for problems accessing CVS tree as anonymous users:

Please take a look at:

https://savannah.gnu.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=2752

Search for: "Anonymous CVS".

Let us know if you had any problems with those instructions.

* All problems reported regarding FTP uploads forward the message to
  <address@hidden>
Be sure to Cc: address@hidden and the user.

address@hidden is a group of Volunteers.

address@hidden is a group of employees of the FSF working as
                 Sysadmins.

* New projects submissions are being queued, no approval/rejections
  are being done.  No idea when this activity will be re-enabled.

* Try to reply to users as soon as possible. ;-)