Re: [Savannah-hackers] Lock on /webcvs/www/www/software/software.html?

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Lock on /webcvs/www/www/software/software.html?
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:52:34 +0100

Rudy Gevaert wrote:

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 08:01:53AM -0700, Derek Chen-Becker wrote:

Hi,
I'm trying to install a diff to software.html per RMS, and when either of us try to checkin the file we get this message:

cvs [server aborted]: could not open lock file
/webcvs/www/www/software/,software.html,': Permission denied

Could someone check to make see what's going on?

This should be fixed now. This folder was lacking the group write bit (looks like an import mistake, cvs does not rely on user-grained rights).