Re: [Savannah-hackers] Problem with stale lock

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Problem with stale lock
Date: 28 Feb 2004 22:01:09 +0100

Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> writes:

> OK, what I'll do is clean the locks, make a backup of your repository,
> impersonate you, check out the repository and try to modify latex.el.
>
> If you have the exact command lines, please send them along.

Nothing unusual.  Just

cvs commit -m "Checking the checkin." latex.el

should be about it.  It was something like that (only with a longer
message) that caused the first hang.  The version I had checked out
before that was the head, 5.180.

I can't completely guarantee that when I use PCVS from within Emacs
that the command line is the same, but it is printed as

-- last cmd: cvs -f commit -m <log message> latex.el --

The only thing I can still do is to make a clean checkout of the
whole repository.

(checking)
Uh, in CVS/Entries, I have the line
/latex.el/5.180/Sat Feb 28 14:32:37 2004//T

and the `T' is pretty much unique.  I am deleting it and try again.
Maybe whatever caused it to appear there is causing the trouble.