[Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #188114] webcvs publishing

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: [gnu.org #188114] webcvs publishing
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:48:13 +0200

On 2004.04.26 17:40, James Blair via RT wrote:
> address@hidden - Sat Apr 24 15:42:28 2004]:
>
> Hello,
>
> We have several projects to move from nongnu to gnu.
>
> How does the synchronization with www.gnu.org work? Do you need to
> manually set up each project synchronization?

Currently this process is manual.  Just send any changes to sysadmin
and we'll take care of them.

I asked confirmation to the GNU maintainers, and I will send you the list of projects to move.

Incidentally, do you think we could make a redirection for GNU projects so that hitting www.nongnu.org/<gnuproject>/abc/xyz.html goes to www. gnu.org/software/abc/xyz.html?

> Also, I would like to rename my project unix name 'dink' to
> 'freedink', and projects moving to nongnu should not update www.
> nongnu.org anymore.
> Does something need to be changed for www.nongnu.org
> synchronization?
>
> I would appreciate details on how the synchronization is working.

Paul is working on update-on-commit code.  Basically the plan is that
a cvs checkin will hit a URL on the GNU webserver and trigger a cvs
update.  Similarly, new projects could also hit a url and trigger an
initial checkout.  That's the plan, but it's not done yet.

Ok, thanks.

Do you think it is safe if I rename 'dink' to 'freedink' on Savannah while it is still synchronizing with www.nongnu.org/? I do not care if www.nongnu.org/dink/ is not reachable for a while, since it will also be moved to www.gnu.org. I just want to know whether that could cause a problem in the sync script on www.gnu.org.