[Savannah-hackers] Re: none

From: Paul Fisher
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Re: none
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 02:35:19 -0400

"Elfyn McBratney" <address@hidden> writes:

> Can you explain why the "Licensing Lab Web Pages" project was pushed
> through the pending queue?

It's an internal FSF project.  The FSF uses Savannah for all of our
CVS repositories.

> Also, was it intentional that savannah-hackers were not consulted on
> this?  It would seem curtious to have done so as we are the ones
> that would have to defend this action.

New project creation has been working for some time, and we reported
to savannah-hackers back when that work was completed.  We depend on
the volunteers of the Savannah project to handle approvals of pending
community projects on Savannah.

Considering the history of Savannah usage by the FSF, I don't believe
anyone at the FSF thought that creating a CVS repository would upset
anyone.

Paul