[Savannah-hackers] incorrect time on savannah?

From: Chris Hanson
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] incorrect time on savannah?
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 18:39:32 -0400

   Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 22:10:17 +0200
   From: Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden>

   We indeed are a bit in the future.
   While we consider whether we will start a ntp daemon,

That's not strictly necessary.  Just running ntpdate once in a while
would do nicely.  :)

   would you be so nice to explain me the method you used to discover
   this and in what way it is a inconvenience for you?

It's pretty simple, really -- I maintain MIT/GNU Scheme, for which I
keep a consistent set of sources and binaries.  After I check in a
file, I recompile it.  However, since I usually compile it right away,
this has been resulting in the source file being newer than the binary
_after_ compilation is finished.  Later, when I load the file, I get a
warning from the loader that the source file is newer than the binary.

As I said, this isn't a big deal, but it is an annoyance.

Thanks for your help.