Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Yet Another Communication System -

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Yet Another Communication System - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:14:58 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

I'm still evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.

On 2004.08.03 22:07 Fonseca wrote:
Hi, Sylvain Beucler...

  I have only a bunch of inoperant source codes just
for testing the potential and specific tests like
cryptogrphy.

  I know I have a lot of work to do before releasing
it on web.

I cannot fetch this url.
Maybe you'll want to send it to me by mail?

  I am concerned on preparing it all for a full GPL
compliant system.

We need projects hosted at Savannah to already have appropriate copyright and licenses notices, so as to avoid any legal issue.

Here is what we send to project that did not do that step yet:
========
Before releasing your project under the GPL, please place
copyright notices and permission to copy statements at the beginning
of every file of source code. In addition, if you haven't already, please copy a copy of the plain
text version of the GPL, available from
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.txt), into a file named "COPYING".

Additional instructions are available from
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.

The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.  To learn
why a copy of the GPL must be included with every copy of the code,
for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude
========

Please do this before to send me a new tarball.

  About the Crypt::Tea, I've just used it for testing
any crypto lib. I want to do one myself.

If you plan to drop Crypt::Tea asap, then we won't reject the project for using this non-free dependency. I wait for you updated tarball before to tell you whether your project is accepted or not :)

Thanks ...

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html#ArtisticLicense