Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GeStage : Gestion De Stages - savan

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GeStage : Gestion De Stages - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 21:17:02 +0100

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 08:17:38AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:

> Xavier <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
> License: gpl
> Other License:
> Package: GeStage : Gestion De Stages
> System name: gestage
> Type: non-GNU

> gestage : trainee management
>
> a struts based web program to manage students during their firm training
> period.
>
> Web/App server : Tomcat5
> DataBase servr : MySql
> O/R Mapping    : Hibernate
> Framework      : struts
>
> IDE/CVS Client : Eclipse
>
> COntent : Few class files, jar files, few png files, and misc text files.
>

> first sources available :
> http://djroswell.free.fr/pub/gestage/gestage.zip
> problm uploading file onto ftp server. Sorry, no source available yet.

Please remove GIF image files from your project and replace them with
an other format (such as PNG or JPEG).

Because of the patents (Unisys and IBM) covering the LZW compression
algorithm which are used when making GIF files, it's impossible to
have free software to generate proper GIFs.  They also apply to the
compress program.

For more information read http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/gif.html

> Other Software Required:
> Linux tools :

"Linux" is just a kernel of a more complex system that we like to refer
to as GNU/Linux, to emphasize the ideals of the Free Software movement.

For more information, see http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html.

> Web/App server : Tomcat5
> DataBase servr : MySql
>
> Open Java Tools/Libs:
> O/R Mapping    : Hibernate
> Framework      : struts
>
> bsh-1.3.0.jar
> c3p0-0.8.3.jar
> cglib-2.0-rc2.jar
> commons-beanutils.jar
> commons-collections-2.1.jar
> commons-collections.jar
> commons-dbcp-1.1.jar
> commons-digester.jar
> commons-fileupload.jar
> commons-lang-2.0.jar
> commons-lang.jar
> commons-logging-1.0.3.jar
> commons-logging.jar
> commons-pool-1.1.jar
> commons-validator.jar
> concurrent-1.3.2.jar
> connector.jar
> CVS/
> displaytag-1.0-b2.jar
> dom4j-1.4.jar
> ehcache-0.6.jar
> hibernate2.jar
> itext-1.01.jar
> jakarta-oro.jar
> jakarta-poi-1.5.1-final-20020615.jar
> jasperreports-0.5.2.jar
> jdbc2_0-stdext.jar
> jgroups-2.2.jar
> jstl.jar
> jta.jar
> log4j-1.2.8.jar
> odmg-3.0.jar
> oscache-2.0.jar
> proxool-0.8.3.jar
> standard.jar
> struts.jar
> struts-menu-2.1.jar
> swarmcache-1.0rc2.jar
> taglibs-log.jar
> velocity-1.4-rc1.jar
> velocity-tools-view-1.0.jar
> xalan-2.4.0.jar
> xerces-2.4.0.jar
> xml-apis.jar

You must determine whether your project can run on a Free Software
Java suite (see http://www.gnu.org/software/java/ for more
information).

Please provide us with more information about this point.

If you are willing to make the changes mentioned above, please provide
us with an URL to an updated tarball of your project.  Upon review, we
will reconsider your project for inclusion in Savannah.

Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4