Re: [Savannah-hackers] Deletion of a project: phypnogram

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Deletion of a project: phypnogram
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2004 22:44:04 +0200

Hello,

MatLab is non-free software.
Savannah only accept to host free software than can run on a completely Free operating system. We therefore cannot accept your project if it requires Mathlab instead of Perl.

We can host you project if you are going to use a Free Software (check http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html) replacement for MatLab.
You may want to check:
Maxima: http://maxima.sourceforge.net/
Yacas: http://yacas.sourceforge.net/
Jacal: http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~jaffer/JACAL.html
which are released under the GNU General Public License (GPL) and maybe Pythonica (license unknown): http://www.tildesoft.com/Pythonica.html

Please tell us whether you stick with MatLab or are willing to move to a free software alternative.