Re: [Savannah-hackers] Ssh trouble

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Ssh trouble
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:12:41 +0200

On 2004.08.11 23:47 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
Hi,

>Here are the contents of your authorized keys:
>savannah:/home/H/Hi/Hirogen2/.ssh# cat authorized_keys; echo

Guess what, I always tried 'hirogen2' instead of 'Hirogen2'. Probably
because Sourceforge always lowercases usernames, but allows any-case in the
website login-form. With an uppercase H the cvs checkout works.

Hm, most of the web services anyway use lower-case and do work, i.e.
http://savannah.nongnu.org/users/hirogen2; can the system (unix user)
name be changed without too much trouble?

The next version of the Savannah software (Savane) is already putting usernames lowercase. Changing the user name would be troublesome, as it is replicated in a lot of different configuration files that I am not sure Savane is updating. I do not feel safe with trying to do it. However, giving to Savane the ability to rename user is a good idea I may implement in the future.