Re: [Savannah-hackers] Ssh trouble

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Ssh trouble
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 08:15:24 +0200

Hi,

On 2004.08.12 07:36 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
>> Hm, most of the web services anyway use lower-case and do work,
i.e.
>> http://savannah.nongnu.org/users/hirogen2; can the system (unix
user)
>> name be changed without too much trouble?
>
>Changing the user name would be troublesome, as it is replicated in a
>lot of different configuration files that I am not sure Savane is

find / -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep Username

You don't want me to do a root search on poor Savannah.gnu.org, do you?
Plus, you'll get lots of duplicates due to backups and log files, and will miss the database.

>updating. I do not feel safe with trying to do it. However, giving to

C'mon, give it a try... well, with a test account if you do not sheel
comfortable doing it with mine :-)

Should be OK now.