Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approval [logs]

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: Project Approval [logs]
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:01:37 -0400

On Monday 23 August 2004 10:33 am, Jim Prewett wrote:
> Hi Michael,
>
> I will be making the requested changes and sending you a new URL soon.
Thanks.

> I have a question about the documentation portion of my project.  I like
> the idea of releasing the text of the manual under the GNU Free
> Documentation License and the code in the manual under the GPL.
>
> How would I do that?  I found the suggestion on the GNU site, but didn't
> find any examples of how one might do this.
That's a great idea.

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html#SEC4 provides some information on how to
use the FDL (how to use the header, etc).

There's also an FDL how to, http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html,  which
you may find useful.

The FDL, itself, also has details on its use under the last section,
"ADDENDUM: How to use this License for your documents",
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.txt.

--
Michael J. Flickinger