[Savannah-hackers] Data request

From: Chengetai Masango
Subject: [Savannah-hackers] Data request
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:50:08 -0400

Hi

I am a PhD student at Syracuse University and a member of a group doing
research in "effective work practices for Free and Open Source Software
Development". We are also a recipient of a NSF grant to study the same, more
information can be read at our website http://floss.syr.edu .

We were wondering if it would be possible for you to provide us with an XML
dump of the Tigris repository, to prevent us from spending a great deal of
time spidering it. This data is going to be used to work out bug lifetime
data and also to analyze the structure of opensource developmental groups.
We adhere to the IRB guidelines http://osp.syr.edu/IRB_Handbook.html and
will not release any information that may reveal the identity or email
addresses of any of the participants.

Thank you in advance for your help.

~Chengetai

--