Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Quantum Coreworld - savannah.no

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of The Quantum Coreworld - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 00:02:48 +0200

Hi,

> > Most files in the doc/ directory do not contain a copyright and
> > license notice. Moreover, coreworld-faq.txt is licensed under a
> > "verbatim-only" license; we feel technical documentation should be
> > editable, so this is not an appropriate license. Please consider using
> > the GFDL instead, or remove it from the distribution.
> >
> All files in the "pQmars" directory--including files in the doc
> subdirectory--are GNU GPL licensed.  I've removed the "verbatim-only"
> section of "coreworld-faq.txt".

Can you add explicit copyright and license notices to these documents?
If verbosity is an issue, check
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html for a smaller notice that
refers to the main document (if you have one).

Moreover, you cannot include coreworld-standard.txt at Savannah until
you are sure that you can distribute it under the GNU GPL.

>  I've also added, "qtaas", a directory for a GNU FDL licensed book
> (in progress).

I see a small non-standard GDFL notice:
"with the Invariant Sections being just Philosophy and Acknowledgements"

The word 'just' should not be included; the GFDL permits to add
Invariant section in future releases, and it could be misinterpreted.

Also, you do not need to explicitely cite Acknowledgements, as it is
already covered by section 4.K of the GNU FDL.

Each part of the document should carry a small copyright+license
notice as described in http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl-howto.html

Last, you need to include a full copy of the GNU FDL along with your
document.  The GPL FAQ explains why these procedures must be followed.
For example, to learn why a copy of the GPL must be included with
every copy of the code, for example, go to
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#WhyMustIInclude

Don't feel sorry for adding that document, it is my job to point to
good licensing practices ;)

> You can view the public source archive for the project at:
>
>       * http://archzoom.sourcecontrol.net/demo/address@hidden/qcw

Thanks; I browsed patch5.

> Eventually I'd like a GNU Arch "Patch-Queue-Manager" at Savannah; see
> http://web.verbum.org/arch-pqm/  I know this may never happen.

Elfyn is working on Arch, and we already began discussing the problem
Arch brings (namely, the fact that the repository is accessible by
SFTP, with less repository protection than with CVS).

I won't hide you that we have other issues with higher priority at the
moment, but be sure we are interested in supporting Arch :)