Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GUG's at savannah

From: Elfyn McBratney
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GUG's at savannah
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 22:32:06 +0100

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 10:08:02AM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
>     Sometimes, always under petition and after some inquiries about the
>     GNUness of the user group, i add spanish groups to
>     http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-user-groups.html
>
> That is ok.
>
>     If the "GUG project" is a new class of projects on savannah, perhaps
>     would be a good idea to write an email to the GUGs already listed on
>     gnu-user-groups.html suggesting to register a GUG project on savannah.
>
> Those that want to set up their pages on Savannah can do so, but we
> don't want to start a campaign to ask them to move there.  The
> Savannah maintainers already have plenty of work to do.
> Let's not start a campaign asking others to give them additional work.

On a slightly related note, we have a GUG (ploug) which has been waiting
months for inclusion in Savannah, due to delays in replies from
address@hidden (or so it seems).

Is there anything I can do to help expediate GUG evaluations?

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4