Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GUG's at savannah

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Re: GUG's at savannah
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:43:41 -0400

    On a slightly related note, we have a GUG (ploug) which has been waiting
    months for inclusion in Savannah, due to delays in replies from
    address@hidden (or so it seems).

    Is there anything I can do to help expediate GUG evaluations?

Whenever you're waiting for someone and it feels like things are
taking too long, it is a good idea to find out whether someone is
really working on the job.  So send mail to the people you think you
are waiting for, asking "Who is working on this?  When do you expect
to do it?  Are you waiting for someone else?  Did you know I was
waiting for you?"

Often you will find that there was confusion, either that nobody was
working on the job, or that someone already did it and didn't tell you
because he did not realize you needed to know.  Sending mail asking
"Who's working on this" is exactly the way to get things unstuck, so
please don't hesitate to do it.

In other cases, you will find that someone really is taking a long
time to get a job done.  Once you know that, maybe you can to find
some other way to get the job done, or ask me to look for one, etc.
But nothing can even be tried until you know what's wrong.