Re: [Savannah-hackers] Clarification.

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Clarification.
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:58:11 +0200

On Tue, Sep 21, 2004 at 02:44:31AM +0400, Vivek Varghese Cherian wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Let me introduce myself as Vivek Varghese Cherian,a 25 year old
> Cochin based engineer,who is now into systems/network administration.
>
> I had a conversation with Mr.Mahesh.T.Pai today and came to know that
> you are in charge of the GNU malayalam localisation program.
>
> I would like to inform you of my intrest in developing a project to
> offer malayalam support to the GNU operating system.
>
> With this aim in mind i have applied for a project titled "Malayalam GNOME
> Project" aimed at offering malayalam support for GNOME at the
> savannah.gnu.org website.
>
> I would like to avoid conflict of intrests with the Swathantra Malayalam
> Computing Team, as i came to know later, (after applying for the registration
> ofMalayalam GNOME Project), from Mr.Mahesh.T.Pai, that there was work in
> progress regarding localisation of GNOME to malayalam by the Swathantra
> Malayalam
> Computing team.
>
> I can cancel the "Malayalam GNOME Project"at the savannah,in case you feel
> theremay be a conflict of intrests between SMC and the "Malayalam GNOME
> Project".

We did not review your project yet.

However, you may want to contact the GNOME team and SMC to see how you
can best interact with each others. Most often, translations do not
require changes in the source code, and people send translated .po
files; unless the translation is done by a team, there is usually no
need to create a Savannah project.

Keep in mind that you contacted the Savannah administration. We only
maintain Savannah itself, not the project it hosts. So you really
should contact the GNOME team.