Re: [Savannah-hackers] Merging two projects (classpath and cp-tools)

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] Merging two projects (classpath and cp-tools)
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 15:51:52 +0200

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 08:26:24PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We want to (re)merge the GNU Classpath and GNU Classpath Tools projects
> on savannah to be under the same savannah project classpath.
> GNU Classpath Tools (cp-tools) was always an official subproject of GNU
> Classpath (classpath) but they were setup as different projects on
> savannah to make administration and releases easier.
> But now it seems it is much easier for the administrative tasks for them
> to be the same savannah project.
>
> Would it be possible to merge cp-tools into classpath?
> As far as I can see this means the following things:
>
> - All developers of the cp-tools project are already part of classpath.
>   If someone is missing I can easily add them by hand.
> - The mailinglist need to be attached to the classpath project
>   cp-tools-commit cp-tools-discuss
>   this can be done by hand.

Done.

> - Move cp-tools CVS modules
>   automakejar cp-tools gjdoc texinfo-doclet
>   under classpath CVS software.

Done.

>   Is it possible to make commit messages for these modules go to the
>   cp-tools-commit mailinglist?

Yes, done.

> - We can move the three webpages from cp-tools into classpath CVS
>   webpages by hand easily. They will then appear under
>   http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/cp-tools/

Done.

I'll ask the www.gnu.org admins to use some mod_rewrite.

> - The tasks, patches and bug tracker items must be moved to the
>   classpath trackers. If this isn't possible automatically then
>   we can do it by hand for the open items, there aren't that many.

It seems possible. However, I have to make some non-trivial changes
because some the "Category" field values are not the same. I'll will
try the changes on my test install first (later because I do not have
access to it right now).

> Is the above possible?
> Is there any way I can help make this merge easier?

Yes, please test if everything is ok :)