Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Conf4C Library - savannah.gnu.org

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of Conf4C Library - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 22:42:38 -0400

I am reviewing the project that you submitted for inclusion in Savannah.

address@hidden wrote:
A package was submitted to savannah.gnu.org

Jason Barto <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: Conf4C Library
System name: libconf4c
Type: GNU

The project I have been developing is a configuration file reading library (aptly named libconf4c) implemented in C and currently licensed under the GPL. As currently implemented the library is able to read configuration files which are in the format of the Apache webserver (name / value pairs with section types denoted by <...></...> pairs) and provide an application with easy reading access to the parsed values. The library does not currently have any dependencies on any outside software other than standard C libraries which accompany GCC (stdio, stdlib, etc).
A copy of the libraries source, in its current state, can be downloaded from
here:

http://jpbarto.freeshell.org/dl.php?id=conf4c.tar.gz

Other Software Required:
No known dependencies

Other Comments:
only comment, I am very interested in completing this library to GNU standards

Can you please add copyright notices in configure.in and Makefile.am
files. The files conf4cvector.[ch] do not have any notices. Also,
some of the files have `(C)' missing after `Copyright' in the notices.

Have you looked at the GNU Maintainers Guide
(http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/)? It has information regarding
legal matters, among other things. Also you should read the GNU Coding
Standards (http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/) if you have not already
done so.

Please fix the issues that I mentioned above and I will approve your
project for inclusion in Savannah.

Thanks,

Alaska Subedi