Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of AutoCodeGenerator Engine - savannah

From: Alaska Subedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of AutoCodeGenerator Engine - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 00:33:47 -0400

address@hidden wrote:

Manel Cebolla <address@hidden> described the package as follows:
License: gpl
Other License: Package: AutoCodeGenerator Engine
System name: autocodegenera
Type: non-GNU

AutoCodeGenerator is a configuration generator tool which is able to generate
other programs that insert, delete, or update database records for a number of
different database programs. Programs can be generated in Python, ksh, bash,
Java, C, or other languages.
tgz: www.manelelena.com/AutoCodeGenerator-1-10.tgz

Other Software Required:

Other Comments:

The link that you gave above does not work. I found verson 1.11 of your
program in Freshmeat and downloaded it. Your program uses `standout.py'
which cannot be used for commercial purposes. This is unacceptable for
your program as you have licensed it in terms of GPL. Please remember
that free software can be sold and used for commercial purposes. I
think the author of `standout.py' meant proprietary software. Could you
please clarify this issue with the author of `standout.py'. I could
ask  Micheal Foord myself if you want.

Also, the data files and documentation file included in the package
should also include copyright and license-to-copy notices. The
files in etc/ and examples.tar do not include the notices.

It seems like the program depends upon libbatch. I could not find
any information about this library. Could you let me know where to
get it?

Please address the above mentioned issues and provide me with
URL to the updated tarball.

Regards,

Alaska Subedi