Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of FreeSnell - savannah.nongnu.org

From: asubedi
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of FreeSnell - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2004 00:27:47 -0400

On Wed, 2004-10-20 at 01:10 -0400, Aubrey Jaffer wrote:
>  | |  | fresneleq.scm
>  | |  | tests.scm
>  | |  | nk
>  | | Have GPL header.
>  | These have `(C)' missing.
>
> fresneleq.scm, tests.scm, and nk have copyright statements,

The copyright statements in these files look like this:

;;; Copyright 2003, 2004 Aubrey Jaffer

instead, they should be

;;; Copyright (C) 2003, 2004 Aubrey Jaffer

Please see
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html#Copyright-Notices

> so I guess you are referring to the *.nk files.  Should they be
> "Copyright 2000 by CRC PRESS LLC"
> or "Copyright Proc. Phys. Soc."?
>
>  | |  | ag.nk
>  | |  | al.nk
>  | |  | au.nk
>  | |  | cr.nk
>  | |  | cu.nk
>  | |  | fe.nk
>  | |  | ge.nk
>  | |  | li.nk
>  | |  | ni.nk
>  | |  | se-a.nk
>  | |  | se-b.nk
>  | |  | si.nk
>  | |  | ta.nk
>  | |  | te-a.nk
>  | |  | te-b.nk
>  | |  | ti.nk
>  | |  | v.nk
>  | |  | w.nk
>  | |  | zn-a.nk
>  | |  | zn-b.nk
>  | |  | zr.nk
>  | I just considered those data files as ``supporting files''.  The
>  | CRC handbook and pretty much every published books have the ``All
>  | right reserved.  Copying in blah blah blah is not allowed without
>  | the permission of blah blah...''.  I am just worried about that.
>  | May be you should just put the sources of the data?  Then it will
>  | be like citations that you put in the scientific papers.
>  | When I think of it, the scientists publish their numbers so that
>  | others may use it.  At least, I would do so :-).  So, I guess it is
>  | ok to have those numerical data.
>  | I will approve you project.  Please put the sources of the data in
>  | those files
>
> Okay; I have added source citations to the nk files.
> http://swiss.csail.mit.edu/ftpdir/users/jaffer/FreeSnell.zip is
> updated.

The citations in *.nk files look good.

Thanks,