Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GeoIP match extensions for iptables

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of GeoIP match extensions for iptables - savannah.gnu.org
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 16:30:40 +0100

Hi,

On Sun, Nov 07, 2004 at 10:28:04AM -0500, Samuel Jean wrote:
> Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> >Hi,
> >
> >I'm evaluating the project you submitted for approval in Savannah.
>
> Please discard that submittion, we've been approved for netfilter
> inclusion and that code will be accessible from the netfilter's CVS.

Ok.

> >For example, to release your program properly under the GPL you must
> >include a copyright notice and permission-to-copy statements at the
> >beginning of every file of source code.  This is explained in
> >http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html.  Our review would help
> >catch potential omissions such as these.
>
> I wasn't aware of it. I did for csv2bin.c but all netfilter's add-ons
> doesn't contain that notice.
>
> Do netfilter's add-ons still need that copyright?
>
> I will do, anyway. Thanks.

Yes. Basically, all files of more than 10 lines should carry a
copyright and a license notice.

We have some additional documentation for GNU maintainers about these
issues. You may want to check:

www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html
www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices.html