Re: [Savannah-help-public] commit mailinglists vs savannah project membe

From: Mark Wielaard
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:02:47 +0200

Hi Sulvain,

On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 18:35 +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> > > Check "Privacy options..."/"Spam filters"
> > > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/YOURLIST/privacy/spam
> >
> > I have seen those. But I am not sure what to fill in there to get the
> > above result. If I set the 'header_filter_rules' to some magic header
> > name and the action to Accept does that mean all other mail is silently
> > discarded?
>
> I think you can write such a rule, and then add another one that
> Discards all other mails.

Aha! If you enter a spam rule then you get an option to add more rules.
Doh... That was not obvious at all for me from the interface.

OK, so I added spam rule 1 that just accepts on:
And Holds the message for now.

This supposes that the commit script always has a Message-Id of that
form and spam won't. If this works out then I will change the second
rule to Reject.

> > Another question. There are a lot of emails hitting the lists written in
> > non-English, often using using Asian charsets. Since all communication
> > on the list is supposed to be in English it would be nice to be able to
> > discard such posts. Is that possible?
>
> I don't think Mailman provides this feature.
>
> Anyway, apparently either this stopped, either the FSF system
> administrators took care of the issue :)

Yes it seems those are gone. Great work.
Who administrates this and where are changes in setup sent to?
I would like to subscribe to these kind of infrastructure setup change
message because I am maintaining a couple of projects and mailinglists
and it is good to know when something changes (and why of course).

Cheers,

Mark