Re: [Savannah-help-public] commit mailinglists vs savannah project membe

From: Mark Wielaard
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2005 01:00:00 +0200

Hi Sylvain,

On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 23:39 +0200, Sylvain Beucler wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 02, 2005 at 04:02:47PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > OK, so I added spam rule 1 that just accepts on:
> > And Holds the message for now.
> >
> > This supposes that the commit script always has a Message-Id of that
> > form and spam won't. If this works out then I will change the second
> > rule to Reject.
>
> I don't think this will work, because afaik all mail transit via
> another machine called monty-python. We tried to setup such filtering
> for Emacs' commit list but we had to disable it at a point :/

Worse. It seemed to create a mail-loop. Somehow it also marked the
"needs approval" email as needing approval creating more then a hundred
messages in the approval queue. I quickly turned it off.

But now I am stuck :{
What can we do?

> > Who administrates this and where are changes in setup sent to?
> > I would like to subscribe to these kind of infrastructure setup change
> > message because I am maintaining a couple of projects and mailinglists
> > and it is good to know when something changes (and why of course).
>
> I don't think there is such a list. Afaik, the FSF sysadmins do not
> have much time and rely on the fact they work in the same physical
> place, reducing the need for written communication.

Then how can you as savannah-hackers effectively help people if the
sysadmins don't communicate with you?

Cheers,

Mark