[Savannah-help-public] Re: address@hidden: Re: source repository]

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: address@hidden: Re: source repository]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 10:32:05 +0200

On Sun, Jul 15, 2007 at 12:50:35PM -0400, Richard Stallman wrote:
> [What is happening with this?]
>
> Does Jason want to work on this?  If he fixes this, then fine.

No.

> But if he does not, would you please make sure it gets fixed by
> someone else?
>
> Please respond when it is fixed.

We think it's a good thing to improve, so it will be done, and you'll
be notified.

However now is not a good time to add features, because we're in a
bugfix phase after a recent code cleanup (to modern PHP & security
standards), and we current have both the old and new version running
at once on the same database, which implies a database structure
freeze until we're perfectly ok with the cleaned-up code.

If there's somebody willing to already work on a patch for later user,
no problem with that. Currently we don't have "someone else" to work
on this though. Making it easier for external people to contribute to
the code is part of the clean-up.