[savannah-help-public] [sr #108428] Please import dump into existing Sub

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108428] Please import dump into existing Subversion repository
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 23:45:20 +0000

Update of sr #108428 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

Follow-up Comment #1:

Unfortunately that dump file isn't set up to merge on top of the existing
previous import.

 svnadmin: File already exists: filesystem '/srv/svn/classpathx/db',
transaction '1163-wb', path 'branches'

It is going to need some adjustment in order to load this history into the
existing subversion repository.  I would be happy to help but am swamped and
won't be able to research this.

Could you try the task yourself?  Import the previous classpathx dump.  Then
try importing your new dump.  That way you will see the errors yourself.  Then
create the new dump again but doing whatever it takes to make it work.  I will
be happy to help as I can along the way.

See also
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.reposadmin.maint.html#svn.reposadmin.maint.migrate.svnadmin
for good information on doing this.  Perhaps the --parent-dir option?  Or
maybe filtered with svndumpfilter?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108428>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/