[savannah-help-public] [sr #108538] Please re-import qpimd git repositor

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108538] Please re-import qpimd git repository
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 01:01:22 +0000

I looked closely at the two repositories.  The master branches of both are in
sync.  They are at the same spots.

Both repositories have pim branches.  Those diverge immediately from the
current master.  The changesets are similar but they were committed to the
repositories by different committers and therefore have different signatures.
Because git considers the committer a part of the history and therefore
different committers means different history to git.

The pim branches appear to have the same changeset content up through
"2010-08-27 15:16:33".  At that point the pim branch has additional commits
from github.  Those additional commits from github cannot be fast-forwarded
onto the savannah pim branch because they have different committers.

My previous comment about fast-forwarding master applies only if you want to
commit one branch or another on top of master.  But your later comments lead
me to believe that isn't what you want.  I suspect you want to add those later
commits on top of the pim branch.  Or to replace the pim branch with the other
history.  It would remove the previous committer history and replace it with
the one from github.

I am surprised you haven't used network access from elsewhere that would grant
you network ability.  If it were me I would drop into a coffee shop on the way
home from work and do the task from there.

If you still want me to upload for you then please add me to your project team
so that I have the permission to do this action.  I am rwp on Savannah.  Add
me to your project team and I will be happy to upload that branch for you.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108538>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/