Re: [savannah-help-public] SVN commit problems

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] SVN commit problems
Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 18:16:15 -0600

Hi Riccardo,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> today I try to commit:
> narsil$ svn commit -m "add netbsd libprop in preamble"
> svn: E175002: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: E175002: MKACTIVITY request on
> '/svn/gap/!svn/act/9e91f6ee-b7d3-e311-aece-001346340d62' failed: 500
> Internal Server Error
> svn: E175002: Additional errors:
> svn: E175002: DELETE request on
> '/svn/gap/!svn/act/9e91f6ee-b7d3-e311-aece-001346340d62' failed: 500
> Internal Server Error

I have no idea.  I looked at the logs though and it looks like you
have been able to commit since then.  I know I haven't done anything
since last we talked.  But you have been able to commit okay since then?

I might assume that this is the same system overloading problem that
we have been seeing otherwise.  But I haven't heard of other people
reporting problems with the direct version control connection of
svn, bzr, git, cvs.  It is usually a problem with the web interface
which times out talking to the backend.  Your symptoms do not fit the
known overloaded system failure signatures.

This Wednesday afternoon US/Eastern time the FSF admins are going to
move the file system storage space from the present location to
different disks that are less busy.  This should improve the
performance problems at least somewhat.  I was asked to plan for at
least three hours of potential downtime as the gigs of files are
copied to the new location.  I will update Savannah's front page news
item with an update after the move is complete.

Bob