Re: [savannah-help-public] SVN commit problems

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] SVN commit problems
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 20:22:42 +0200

Hi,

On 2014-05-12 02:16:15 +0200 Bob Proulx <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Riccardo,

Riccardo Mottola wrote:
today I try to commit:
narsil$ svn commit -m "add netbsd libprop in preamble"
svn: E175002: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: E175002: MKACTIVITY request on
'/svn/gap/!svn/act/9e91f6ee-b7d3-e311-aece-001346340d62' failed: 500
Internal Server Error
svn: E175002: Additional errors:
svn: E175002: DELETE request on
'/svn/gap/!svn/act/9e91f6ee-b7d3-e311-aece-001346340d62' failed: 500
Internal Server Error

I have no idea.  I looked at the logs though and it looks like you
have been able to commit since then.  I know I haven't done anything
since last we talked. But you have been able to commit okay since then?

I was able to commit other file, but I just retried this one and I got the same error!

I might assume that this is the same system overloading problem that
we have been seeing otherwise.  But I haven't heard of other people
reporting problems with the direct version control connection of
svn, bzr, git, cvs.  It is usually a problem with the web interface
which times out talking to the backend.  Your symptoms do not fit the
known overloaded system failure signatures.

I think it is something different, file permissions again?

Riccardo