[savannah-help-public] [sr #109041] Resquests and question for Gnuastro'

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109041] Resquests and question for Gnuastro's git repo
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 19:07:10 +0000 (UTC)

Update of sr #109041 (project administration):

             Open/Closed:                  Closed => Open

Follow-up Comment #9:

I saw that subject problem too.  I don't know why there wasn't a subject on
that message.  I will investigate.

You only made one commit and therefore had two emails.  One was a summary of
the entire git action.  The other was the single commit.  At that point it
feels like 100% overhead for having two emails.  But normally a push will
include a long list of individual commits.  At that time you will again get
one summary message concerning the entire git operation and then will have a
loooonnng list of messages containing the individual commits.  At that time it
is a very useful summary message.  Check out this summary and long list of
associated commits for an example.  (If you really don't like this then I
forget but I do think the summary can be disabled.)

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2016-05/msg00019.html

The tar.gz you are referring to is associated with your 0.0 tag.  You have a
tag there and therefore cgit makes it possible to download an associated
tar.gz file.  You can only remove the listing of that tar.gz by having the tag
removed.  But normally you simply tag a new release.  That will produce a new
tar.gz download link associated with that tag.  See the coreutils project for
an example of this when there are a normal flow of tags.

I will look into what happened with the subject line.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?109041>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/