Re: [savannah-help-public] Proper license notices

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Proper license notices
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 02:42:21 -0400

Hello,

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
> Do we do anything to make sure there are proper license notices in
> the source files of the programs on Savannah?

Yes.

Before each project is approved, we review the submitted files and
ensure they adhere to the savannah hosting requirements, one of which
is proper license notice and copyright information.
If need be, we ask the submitters to amend their files, and re-upload
them for approval.
After a project is accepted, we rely on their acceptance to
follow the hosting requirements.  (This is just the same as with
official GNU packages.)

The savannah hosting requirements are here:
  http://savannah.gnu.org/register/requirements.php
with additional advice here:
  http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly/

A typical example of such review is: