Re: [savannah-help-public] Proper license notices

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Proper license notices
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 16:50:22 GMT

    rms> so it is important to say, "including the GNU GPL, GNU AGPL and
    GNU LGPL" ...  However, we can exclude the versioned licenses which
    have automatic upgrade, such as the CC licenses.

Ok, here's another attempt:

> We recommend GPLv3-or-later; in any case, we require the "or any later
> version" formulation for the GNU GPL, GNU AGPL, and GNU LGPL, and any
> other versioned licenses that do not have automatic upgrades.

We have never accepted CC licenses on Savannah, so it seems like it
could be more confusing than helpful to mention them explicitly.  -karl