Re: [savannah-help-public] Proper license notices

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Proper license notices
Date: Mon, 23 May 2016 01:28:07 -0400

Hello,

On Sun, May 22, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> It seems to me that this has a flaw: maybe it should require that
> licensing be compatible either with GPL 3-or-later or with AGPL
> 3-or-later.
[...]
> Are there any packages which are licenses under GPL 2 only
> or GPL 3 only, or anything else not compatible with 3-or-later?

The guidelines I'm familiar with is that "or-later" is required for
all projects hosted on Savannah. Project which are "GPL N only" are
not accepted (at least since August 2014, when I joined).

This is mentioned on this page:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/HowToGetYourProjectApprovedQuickly/
"Use a license compatible with the GNU GPL, and use the "or any later
version" formulation in your license notices."

And detailed here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/GnuGplTwoOrLater/

We point to these pages when asking the submitter to amend their
project's license.

Does this answer your concern ?

regards,
 - assaf