[sr #110615] Homepage update not working

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [sr #110615] Homepage update not working
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2022 01:20:15 -0500 (EST)

First, let me say that you are asking something that crosses administration
domains.  I know part of it.  Another person knows another part.  So you might
not get an answer all at once.

I look at things I see two points to address.

1) I would set up homepage in the project configuration to point to your
desired home page.  For users clicking the link from there they will go
directly to your desired home page.  Project admins will see the "Select
features" menu item and then on that form page a form entry for "Alternative
address".  Update that field with your desired homepage URL.

2) It looks to me like your .htaccess with a redirect is functioning
correctly.  Here is my test.

$ wget -O/dev/null -q -S http://www.nongnu.org/duplicity
  HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently